Friday, May 11, 2012

Growing Up Was Not Everything I Thought it Would Be

Time was that I knew everything. I knew what I was going to be when I grew up, I knew all about my future husband and perfect kids and where I was going to live, I even knew what kind of car I was going to drive.

Then LIFE happened. Almost everything I thought I was going to be, everything I thought my life was going to be, has turned out so very differently than my childhood self could have possibly imagined.

It is not always a bad thing, to find that some adjustments have to be made along the way. The big disappointments, things that left me bleeding and broken, eventually healed and have made me stronger. And the little things, the tiny little regrets that creep up and chop at the soul little by little over the years, those are are harder to get over…

What can you do? I guess there is no real answer, just the realization that all you can do it take it day by day and know that things will eventually work out.

Just Musing,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment